Saturday, May 21, 2011

Robertson County WMA Day Hike

I visited the Robertson County WMA Type II Area today. It was a great day to be in the woods. I took the Canon Rebel Camera with the 55-250MM (IS) Lens. The creeks were very dry, but a big storm was pushing it's way through East Texas. This was my first trip to this park. The Badlands Diablo Back Pack was perfect for the day trip. I packed it with some food bars. 2 canteens, firesteel, compass, tarp, bed roll, 550 paracord, the Rebel Camera, Scrapyard 6 Knife, P38 can opener, and a small flashlight. The pack distrubutes weight so well I hardly knew it was all back there. The Diablo also has the Hypervent system which keeps airflow between your back and the aluminum frame of the pack to keep you cool. It worked like a champ in the 90 degree late spring heat. This pack is very durable and I expect I'll be packing it for many years to come. I plan to order the 3L Hydration Bladder for it this week, because the canteens get a little cumbersome on the trail. All in all a very fun day trip and I intend to go back soon.














No comments:

Post a Comment