Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Parka Update

Found time over the Holiday to finish the Winter Parka Project. I pinned it to a wall and because it was actually 50"x60" I took a tape measure and marked 30"over and then 25" down and marked the center with a small piece of duct tape. Then I found a yellow  line in the fabric pattern (for a straight edge) and cut about 4" each way to allow for the parka opening to put my head through.



Then using #18 Nylon Craft Thread and a Tandy Leather Needle I whip stitched (learned on YouTube) the edges of the hole that I had cut...........


I finished up the stitching on each end with a simple tie back loop for hanging up the parka if needed...



And finally wearing the completed parka in the crisp fall air.......
(It now resides behind my backseat in the Tacoma Pick Up for when needed)


1 comment: