Wednesday, April 2, 2014

East Texas Spring Fishing!

     Was able to slip away this past Saturday for a few hours to Dragonfly Lake and stir up a little trouble with the bass! The spawn was in full swing. I tried plastic worms first and was unable to get a single strike, which is very uncommon at this lake. I tied on an over-sized top-water bait with rear prop and the bass started to slam it that afternoon. Not sure of the name of this top water bait but it is one of my favorites. I need to buy some of the old Wooden Devil's Horse's by Smithwick. I lost all mine over the years and they are another favorite of mine. They can be picked up on Ebay for under 10 bucks shipped, and are well worth it! Good luck to all with their Spring and Summer Fishing this year. Have Fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment